Monday, November 3, 2008

Philosophique Halloween

My facebook status reads "(NotaTotalDisaster) is touched by an angel. Still no on 8 and yes on 2." It should really read "(NotaTotalDisaster) is finally done being 21."


It seems I've missed out on a lot by choosing to be a prissy and prude undergraduate student. Not that I regret not passing out in a stranger's dorm room, vomiting somewhere between the Pyramid and the Parkside Dorms, or being written up. True, I did miss out on all those bad experiences, but I also missed out on the life experience that is gained from such occurrences.


Well, tonight I had that experience. I got blasted out of my mind. In fact, I got so drunk so early that I took two car rides with strangers and was passed out for all of the Halloween celebrations. I have finally vomited and passed out from drinking, two things I swore would never happen. Perhaps both will make me more cognizant of the human state and a better dental practitioner (wow, what a personal statement moment).


At the very least, I'll be more compassionate towards all the super-drunk people I've been hating on.


These experiences have changed me for the better. After such extreme kindness from strangers, the bar has been raised for my personal relationships. I want more. I want better quality friendships and better quality relationships, and most importantly, I'm willing to wait.


So, Happy November 1st. Three days before the election and four days before my birthday, something finally feels different. Somehow, I hope this experience will help me *Live* more and *Expect* more.

1 comment:

Erin said...

My Sheila is growing up. *sniffles*

Most of us go through these phases at one time or another. I was over being 21 after I turned 21 too haha.

I hope you had an awesome bday <3